Delayed by Short Rows

I finished the main body of Elly’s wool soakers while on vacation in Mexico.

Or so I thought.

A few days ago, I realized that I had failed to incorporate 6 short rows into the body. It’s not like I had missed the part of the instructions that stated I would need to work 6 short rows. In my mind, I had envisioned working all 6 rows in Round 35, the final round in the body of the soaker. I can’t explain why I thought that. It doesn’t make any sense. Typically, only 2 short rows are worked into 1 round. I knew that. Besides, the short rows are needed to allow room for Elly’s caboose/fanny/call-it-what-cute-name-you-want. Jamming them in at the bottom of the body won’t help.

Maybe I lost a crap load of brain cells since Elly’s birth; I heard children have that influence on you. It could also be because I was so excited to be knitting again that I completely ignored common sense.

Either way, I’ll be ripping back – about halfway as I don’t have the time or patience to rip back further – and knitting the body again. I hope to have better luck the 2nd time around.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s