I stole this meme from Throws Like A Girl.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?Both. Some things are just not wrappable. Plus, handmade items are typically placed in decorated shirt boxes; you know the ones you don’t have to wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Both. The fake tree goes up right after Thanksgiving Day or slightly before. The real tree is purchased approximately 2 weeks before Christmas Day. Plus, we decorate two trees outside in our yard.
3. Why are you willing to answer these questions? Memes rule.
4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after 3 Kings Day, but never before.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it! I make my own every year. For those of you who do hate it, know that you have never really tried it until you taste homemade eggnog. It tastes nothing like the store-bought-liquid-brick.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I’ll have to go with my first boom box.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Uncle Willie. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even try anymore. I just bake him something homemade.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My MIL. I think she would say the same about me. Being both knitters and fiber lovers, we just buy each other what we would want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but then we have very few Christmas decorations outside of the 4 trees that we decorate.
10. Do you send your card by mail or e-mail? Mail. E-mail doesn’t count.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It wasn’t the worst, but I was disappointed. One year, I had begged Dan to buy me a stand-alone mixer. He refused, saying it would ruin his reputation as a good husband. Husbands are not supposed to buy their wives kitchen appliances for Christmas, he said. Yet, under the tree on Christmas morning was just the right sized box. I was so excited. I tore the paper off only to find something that wasn’t my mixer: foot warmers. I love those foot warmers; I still use to this day. Still I was disappointed and told him so. Things have changed, last year I received the rice cooker I had asked for. Dan learned his lesson.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? When I was young, I loved Miracle on 34th Street, the original. Now that I’m older, I prefer the original Grinch.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October 1st with the goal of completing all my shopping by December 1st.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh, yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! Several strands go on each tree. Lights are not something to be stingy with.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I think it changes every year. This year, I love I Saw Three Ships.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Always home with the quick jaunts to nearby relatives. We went away one year and swore we would never do that again. We missed everybody.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? You know Dasher and Dancer, Comet and Cupid. Donner and Blitzen … apparently not.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angels sit on top of both the inside trees. Nothing tops the outside trees.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. Plus, we save one present to exchange on 3 Kings Day. Oh, does exchanging gifts with friends the weekend before count?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I can’t park in my “usual” spots at the grocery store or the mall.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Blue.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Smoked ham with molasses smothered on it
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?Little bits and bobs that I can decorate the home with: pictures, clocks, nic-nacs, fabric, ribbon, ugly angels, etc. or chocolate. Chocolate is always good.
Feel free to steal this meme. I’d love to read about your Christmas traditions.