New Beading Project

I sure hope you aren’t sick of hearing me whine about how many beads are on my current project. I have a new beading story to tell you.

I’ve rooted through my closet and pulled out an old beading project. Approximately 6 years ago, I decided I was going to make my neice a butterfly blanket. I used process of elimination to decide how the butterflies would be made.

Emboidery
  • I don’t own an embroidery machine
  • Hand-embrodery would take me a long time and I hate it when the thread gets twisted
Cross stitch
  • I don’t own an embroidery machine
  • Cross stich would take me a long time and I hate it when the thread gets twisted
So, this naturally led me to buying an enormous amount of beads. I made 5 butterflies in the month of December. As Christmas Day approached, I gently folded the blanket back up and stuffed it into the closet.

I pulled it back out yesterday with the intention of finishing it for my youngest neice. After seeing how big the blanket really was, I walked over to my computer and ordered the Pigeon book from Amazon.com.

The new plan is to finish it by June 2008. Wish me luck! I think I might need it.