Marjorie Mohair Stole

The Mohair Stole is finished!

I have named it after my Aunt Bette (Marjorie W.) because she will actually receive the stole as a Christmas present. I know I said it was going to give it to my MIL, but I changed my mind. I don’t know why I thought it would be a nice gift for my MIL. She never wears stoles – Never. It would sit in her closet until the moths found a way in.

So, it’s going to my #1 fan – my Aunt Bette. She is my pseudo-Mom. She is always telling people about me and my work. She’s more proud of my work than I am.

The pattern for the stole is already uploaded to my Etsy store. I have also submitted it to the Knitting Vault. Fingers are crossed that it is approved.

Christmas Tree Skirt, the 1st tie

The 1st of 9 ties is downstairs being blocked.

I just love the way this tie came out. The colors are gorgeous and so little work was required by me to make the yarn shine. I must tip my hat again to Brenda for hand-dyeing and hand-spinning this fiber for me. My MIL has asked me why I don’t try my hand at dyeing. My answer is because I could never have my yarn look like this. My time is better spent listening to the yarn and manipulating it into various shapes.

I will cast on for the white tie next week, which will feature a cabled pine tree in its center.

My plan is to complete the pattern with just 2 of the 9 ties being knitted. If we wait for me to complete knitting all 9 ties, there won’t be enough days left for any knitter to purchase the pattern and complete the skirt before Christmas is here. Additionally, I will offer the pattern at a discount, since it will take a small leap of faith from the knitter to believe that the 2 knitted ties make up a 50-inch diameter tree skirt.

Baby Flick’s Quilt is Finished

I had promised that I would finish Baby Flick’s quilt before she was born. It was getting down to the wire! She is due to arrive on Tuesday.

I finished the quilt on Thursday night. (I’m so grateful she didn’t arrive early. Of course, her mom wishes she would come a month ago.)

Here are the many pictures of it.

The ‘F’ is for the baby’s last name. (The child’s sex was unknown when I was picking colors and patterns). After finding the dragon panels, I designed the quilt around them.
The F and the Dragon panels were hand quilted. The rest of the quilt was machine quilted using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. The binding was made from the green fabric used to frame the ‘F’. I stitched it to the front and hand-tacked it to the back.
I had a great time making it! I can’t wait to start my next one – an Americana quilt for my nephew.

AWOL for a week and look what happens!

Dan needed the laptop at work last week. Although, I still have Hal at home with me, he is 10 years old now. He can still make a mean excel spreadsheet, but crashes and burns when the latest Google products are opened. So, I have been unable to check my gmail account and update my blog. I’ve also slipped behind on my blog reading (137 posts behind!).
And I have much to tell you. Apparently, if you take away the computer, I can get a lot done.
Funny how that is.
Here goes – this is the first of 4 posts today.