I love to brag that Elly knows more about how to cook and bake than her Daddy does.
When Elly was 15 months old, I started letting her help me in the kitchen.
A year later, the list of tasks Elly can accomplish on her own is amazing.
1. Turn the stand alone mixer on and off.
2. Inform Daddy of all the hot surfaces and hot food.
3. Crack an egg.
4. Wash dishes.
5. Turn the faucet on and off.
6. Cut open packaging with scissors.
7. Slice cheese.
8. Remind me to put our aprons on.
9. Knead bread.
10. Pour items into bowls.
11. Smash nuts into smaller bits.
12. Sprinkle salt over popcorn.
Of course, her favorite task is to taste test. Often Elly complains when I put the uncooked dough in the oven.
I only wish I had more pictures of us in the kitchen together.
(All photos by me except the last one was taken by Elly’s Aunt Michelle).