A New Chair Cushion

In addition to repainting all the kitchen cabinets a lovely shade of turquoie, I have started to sew a slip cover for this chair.

It came with the house. I didn’t pick that fabric out.

When removing the current cover on the seat cushion, I noticed the horrible yellow staining and massive deterioration. Thus, the first step was to make a new seat cushion.

Of course, Elly helped.

First, I cut out a new cushion from the giant roll of foam I ordered from Joann. (I used a coupon to cut the price way down). Next, we decorated the foam with markers.

Afterwards, I wrapped the foam in two layers of low loft batting and then whip stitched it closed.

The difference is amazing. This might be the most comfortable chair in our house now.